VASANTHAM has both day-boarding school and residential facilities in the same premises at Mogappair. The day-boarding school services work from 9.20 am to 4.30 pm from Monday to Fridays.
The teaching and therapeutic services rendered at VASANTHAM include
- Evaluation and diagnosis of developmental disorders: This involves a team of professionals including special educator, speech & language therapist, physiotherapist, occupational therapist, vocational trainer, clinical psychologist, and related medical and allied health professionals. The individual’s family also form significant members of the team, and they are included in discussions of the results of assessment and plans for intervention.
- Skill based observation and assessment is conducted during the first week after the student is enrolled at Vasantham. This helps in setting individual-specific goals which vary depending upon the person’s progress and needs. Regular re-evaluations are carried out. Based on these findings, the professional team helps to guide the family in doing their best for the student.
- Special Education training with individual-specific (IEP – Individualized Education Programme) goals set using standardized test materials (checklists & profiles) is provided for all the students.
- Special Remedial Education in the evenings and weekends is provided for individuals who are placed into “inclusive” education in mainstream schools.
- Early Intervention for children of age range 0-6 years. These children are trained along with the parents/caregivers on various domains including motor skills, play, cognition, communication and so on.
- Pre-vocational and Vocational Training are provided to adolescent and adults with developmental disabilities for improving skill based learning, fine motor co-ordination, and earning a livelihood. Vasantham offers vocational and craftsmanship training in numerous skills like weaving, painting, paper bag making, candle making and so on.